Origin Scotland is an evangelistic ministry based in Edinburgh, Scotland. We are dedicated to reaching people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to promoting unity in the church through praise and worship events. Origin is a promoter and organiser of Christian events, and provides services to churches in Edinburgh and beyond in worship events, praise events, outreach events and event consultancy. Christian events are what we know best, through the Exile Band, the Exile Choir and the Exile Chamber Orchestra. You can read more online about how Origin is structured, check out our meet the team page, or download the Origin brochure.
OUR PASSION is to see people reached with the love of Christ, and to see the church of Christ working together in unity for the sake of the Kingdom.
OUR VISION is to work together with churches to realise "common ground evangelism" to see lives changed and God glorified.
Council of Reference
Mr George Verwer
George Verwer is the founder of OM, one of the world's largest missionary organisations. He has a global itinerant ministry sharing his passion for world mission and inspiring thousands to reach others for Christ.
Rt Rev Frank Retief
Frank Retief is a household name in South Africa, not just in Christian circles. Formerly the presiding bishop of the Church of England in South Africa and well known for his clear proclamation of the Gospel message.
Rev John Brand
Formerly the European Director of AIM International (Africa Inland Mission), John Brand is a well-known preacher and Christian leader in the UK and in parts of Africa. He is currently principal of the Edinburgh Bible College.
Rev Peter Grainger
Pastor at large of Charlotte Chapel in Edinburgh, Peter Grainger ministers to Charlotte Chapel's missionaries around the world, and heads a foundation aimed at developing the preaching skills of pastors and bible teachers - the 2Tim4 Trust.
Basis of Faith
- the Divine inspiration, authority, sufficiency and total inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures
- the right and duty of private judgement in the interpretation of the Holy Scriptures
- the unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of Persons therein
- the total depravity of human nature in consequence of the Fall
- the incarnation of the Son of God; His work of atonement for the sins of mankind and His mediatorial intercession and reign
- the justification of the sinner by faith alone
- regeneration and sanctification by the Holy Spirit
- the immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the body, the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked
Origin South Africa
Artists in Christian Testimony Intl