Carrubbers Close Mission was founded in 1858 in Carrubbers Close, an alley leading off the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. It started in a former Atheist Meeting House, in an effort to reach Edinburgh children for Christ. In 1883, the American Evangelist DL Moody came to Edinburgh. He realised the need of a building, raised £10,000 to build one, and preached at the laying of the foundation stone. Carrubbers continues to have excellent trans-atlantic links to this day, and has continued in the evangelical tradition throughout its long history. In 1990, the directors of the mission decided to refurbish the aging building. A floor at balcony level has provided us with an inviting main hall, and space for a lower hall and cafe.
|Logos (Students and Young Workers)
|Prayer / Home Groups